Here at SMC Pneumatics we are market leaders in Industrial Automation. We have placed in Forbes top 100 innovative companies for 3 years running, alongside companies such as Google and Amazon. We work hard to retain a traditional approach that not only empowers our Customers, but leaves them feeling valued.
With over 50 subsidiaries and sales offices in 82 countries around the world we’re pushing ahead in the UK with a Global expansion plan and are now recruiting.
This is a face to face field based role designed to drive sales within the UK for a new strategic product team which is focused on a specific basket of strategic products within the SMC range. Even though some of the products are more suited to certain industries it is envisaged these products will be sold to a wide variety of applications crossing multiple industries.
The strategy is to spend 70% of the time face to face with customers with sole or joint visits with the existing sales force.
The team’s primary objective is to increase sales of the strategic products; direct sales, through new and existing customers and via other channels to the market. Engagement and support offered to and from the existing salesforce will be essential for success. Exploring new market opportunities and discovering and qualifying previously unknown routes to the market will also be required.
Conversing with customers and the sales force with a demonstrable technical competency and market knowledge is essential for success.
What we’re looking for
· Ability to learn new products to detailed level
· Good presentation skills
· Proven sales track record
· Intermediate MS Office Skills incl. PowerPoint and Excel
· B2B sales experience
· Specific market experience
· Full (UK) Driving Licence
· HND/Degree in a Process Engineering field
· Experience in specialist product sales – B2B
· Valve and Flow Control Engineering Experience
· 33 days annual leave per annum
· Annual long service bonus
· Private Medical Insurance (after qualifying period)
· Contributory Pension Scheme 4% Individual 5% Company
· 4 x Death in Service Benefit
· Sports & Social Club
· Christmas Savings Club
· Discretionary bonus scheme