As the COVID-19 vaccine roll-out continues and lockdowns eventually ease, companies across Europe will be planning to welcome their employees back to the workplace. Whether this return is the first since the pandemic struck, or mirrors that from a previous lockdown, heightened expectations of cleanliness are here to stay. Employees who return will likely be more enlightened and demanding than before.
Simply reaffirming your commitment to previous cleaning protocols is no longer viewed as acceptable. How you keep your facility clean and disinfected will be subject to rigorous scrutiny, making an even safer working environment a minimum requirement. Achieving and maintaining the highest hygiene standards is key to build the levels of trust to not only satisfy expectations, but as a reset point, while enabling your business to target recovery.
Driving Hygiene Compliance
You need the right solutions and processes in place to reduce the spread of pathogens, and to protect your employees and customers from the risk of infection. Incidents of infection and contamination will only compound the financial challenges of the pandemic. Negative reviews can severely damage your brand reputation and make your recovery plan even more elusive.
Before reopening, take time to reassess your hygiene protocols and practices. Chemical dispensing and dosing equipment is one of the most effective ways to drive hygiene compliance and enable more frequent cleaning. Choosing an appropriate system is crucial. Dispensers are integral to deliver accurate, effective and safe doses of cleaning chemical and provide a range of benefits that will ensure you meet the new hygiene requirements and expectations.
Accurate and Simple
Chemical dispensers deliver precise chemical measurements every time. This provides assurance that your employees are cleaning all high-touch surfaces properly, with the right chemical concentrations to maximize product efficacy.
This is essential in labour intensive jobs with high staff turnover. With a loss of staff due to self-isolation, illness or layoffs, there’s added pressure to hire immediately and quickly train new staff. With a user-friendly dispenser, both current and new staff members can use the system safely for high quality cleaning outcomes.
Reliable and Safe
Reliable, consistent technology that remains accurate, even with fluctuating water pressure, will provide you with peace of mind. Look for a manufacturer with a reputation for constructing long-lasting dispensers made from durable materials, incorporating the latest technology for optimum efficiency. Choose dispensers that are compatible with a wide variety of chemicals to meet your current and future cleaning and disinfecting needs.
Dispensers greatly minimize contact with potentially hazardous chemicals that can cause irritations, such as headaches, nausea, skin sensitivities and even burns. Having equipment with easy-to-use interfaces encourages frequent use and for employees to undertake the regular protocols that support compliance with government and local health regulations specific to COVID-19.
Cost and Sustainability Savings
According to ISSA, the Worldwide Cleaning Industry Association, accurate dilution reduces cleaning costs up to 30%. The right system helps eliminate overuse of chemical and water, reducing both the cost and environmental impact of cleaning without sacrificing performance. With more frequent cleaning required, chemical dispensers also help prevent your labour costs from spiralling out of control.
Some advanced dispensing systems use the Internet of Things (IoT) to enhance transparency and eliminate unnecessary site visits. Understanding chemical usage and shortages, as well as any alarms triggered throughout the process, can further enhance the operation. Using advanced equipment can identify any patterns and abnormalities before they become a costly or dangerous problem. Being able to conduct preventative maintenance also increases the lifespan of your equipment.
Ensuring the Right Choice of Dispenser
- Confirming chemical usage – Make a list of the types of chemicals that you use most within your business. Review new cleaning standards and requirements for your area and identify any new chemicals that you’ll be using to enhance cleanliness. Some dispensers are designed to handle only one to two chemicals, while others have multiple channel configurations to deliver numerous chemicals. This will enable you to meet your immediate dispensing needs but can also help you plan for the possibility of increased capacity in the future.
- Using the dispenser – Determine who will use the system and how often. Will it be used to fill bottles and buckets, or larger equipment such as auto scrubbers or foamers and sprayers? Dispensers are a key method for controlling labour costs when more frequent cleaning is necessary.
- Installing the system – With the requirement for more regular cleaning, identify an accessible area to install a dispenser. Look for dispensers with a small, compact design and a wall-mount option to maximize space. Install dispensers near high touchpoint and common areas for easy staff access and use. Pre-plumbed dispensers allow for quick installation and reduce system complexity.
- Being mindful of water flow and pressure – Water flow and pressure can vary from building to building, and even from one area in a facility to another. To manage high water pressure, look for a dispensing system with a regulating component that eliminates dilution variance by controlling the amount of water allowed into the unit.
- Considering a smart investment – Search for a smart system offering predictive maintenance, remote monitoring and automated adjustments. Invest in accessories like depletion alarms and wands to measure and report when product runs low. These maximize dispensing capabilities and provide extra reassurance when you’re unable to physically be at your facility.
A Supplier You Can Trust
Working in this new era of cleanliness makes it important than ever to establish a strategic partnership with suppliers you can trust. Solutions that ensure accurate, safe and cost-effective dosing will enable you and your employees to clean with confidence post-COVID-19. Defining and maintaining a better approach to cleaning and hygiene is crucial to uphold your reputation, enhance your employees’ wellbeing and support the bottom line as you reopen your facility.
For more information about Hydro Systems dispensing products, please visit https://hydrosystemseurope.com/