An innovative architecture for coordinating low-level measurements from DC to 100 kHz
The MeasureReady™ M81-SSM (Synchronous Source and Measure) system provides a confident and straightforward approach for advanced measurement applications. The M81 eliminates the complexity of multiple function-specific instrumentation setups, combining the convenience of DC and AC sourcing with DC and AC measurement, including a lock‑in’s sensitivity and measurement performance.
This extremely low-noise simultaneous source and measure system ensures inherently synchronised measurements from 1 to 3 source channels and from 1 to 3 measure channels per half-rack instrument — while also being highly adaptable for a range of material and device research applications.
The M81-SSM uses patent-pending MeasureSync™ signal synchronisation, enabling continuous data sampling on every channel. Noise and sensitivity are on par with the best scientific-grade source and measure instruments.
- Unique real-time sampling architecture for synchronous sourcing and measuring
- Designed for scientific-grade low-level measurement applications
- The absolute precision of DC plus the detection sensitivity performance of AC instrumentation
- Unique, flexible instrument/distributed module architecture
Components of the M81-SSM
- Connect up to three source modules and up to three measure modules
- Exchange modules and adapt the configuration for each measurement
- All modules are capable of measuring with DC and AC to 100 kHz
- All modules are optimized for high precision and common reference and ground.
Unique real-time sampling architecture for synchronous sourcing and measuring
- MeasureSync™ technology for simultaneous source module update and measure module sampling timing across all channels
- DC/AC amplitude and phase detection is user-selectable on all measure channels
- Common DAC/ADC sampling clock ensures highly precise and consistent source/measure timing coordination between 3 sources and 3 measures
Designed for scientific-grade low-level measurement applications
- 100% linear module power supply architecture for lowest possible source/measure noise
- Fully linear signal path between data converters, modules, and the device under test (DUT)
- Remote modules for the shortest possible signal path to the DUT, which separates sensitive analog circuits from digital circuits and unwanted sources of interference typical of traditional single-enclosure instrument designs
The absolute precision of DC plus the detection sensitivity performance of AC instrumentation
- All source and measure channels are capable of DC and AC to 100 kHz signals
- Optimized for fundamental, harmonic, and phase AC plus DC biased measurements
- Modularity allows for flexible, user-configured modules to suit a specific application
Unique, flexible instrument/distributed module architecture
- Remote-mountable amplifier modules are interchangeable between instruments
- Modules are dynamically recognized when the system is reconfigured
- Uses a clean, simple UI and a common programming API for fast setup and a shorter learning curve
Flexible measurement capabilities
The M81-SSM provides DC and AC stimulus and measurement capabilities for characterizing materials and devices in cryogenic, room temperature, and high-temperature environments.
Choose a combination of differential current source and voltage measurement modules for low-resistance applications requiring a precise stimulus current and the noise-cancellation benefits of balanced (floating) sample connections. Or mix and match with additional voltage source and current measurement modules for complex higher-impedance or gate-biasing applications where precise voltage control and sweeping test regimes are required.
Unlike a narrow-bandwidth DC system, these modules operate from very low frequencies to 100 kHz. You can select a measurement bandwidth to avoid 1/f noise and other bands where test environment noise is highest.
The system’s MeasureSync™ technology samples all sourcing and measurement channels at precisely the same time, enabling multiple DUTs to be tested under identical conditions so you can obtain consistent data.
The included MeasureLINK™ software provides configurable measurement scripts and loops to support a variety of applications. It facilitates easy integration with Lake Shore as well as third-party systems.
These combined capabilities make the M81‑SSM a superior solution for characterizing several test structures, including nanostructures, single- and multilayer atomic structures, MEMs, quantum structures, organic semiconductors, and superconducting materials.
Quantum Design represent Lake Shore Cryotronics exclusively in the UK and Ireland
Visit www.qd-uki.co.uk for more information.
UK Contact: Angela Carslake (44) 01372 378822 email@example.com