Smith Flow Control’s EasiDrive portable valve actuator is quite possibly the most versatile valve operation tool available. Carried in a rucksack, it is specially designed for use with valves requiring a large number of turns or which are otherwise difficult to operate because of high torque or harsh climate conditions.
With the EasiDrive the operator has absolute control when opening and closing different sized valves with varying torque requirements. One person can efficiently drive multiple valves with a single tool, reducing fatigue and risk of injury and resulting in major cost and time savings. It can be used in virtually any industry, from oil refineries and petrochemical plants to power stations and paper mills.
Key features of the EasiDrive:
- Low cost alternative to permanent actuators
- No permanent power supply required
- Ideal for minimum facilities installations
- Suitable for all climatic conditions
- Wide band torque capability with variable torque adjustment as standard
- Ideal for moving tight or partially-seized valves
- Adaptable to any size/type of valve
- Eliminates operator fatigue and greatly reduces the risk of injury
- No ‘kickback’ often associated with other torque devices
- Variable output torque – so no damage to valves by ‘over-torquing’
- Reduces work crew tasks to one-man operation
- Fully portable – can manage banks of valves with a single drive tool
The ‘reaction kit’, which prevents a torque kickback, is especially useful as valve movement is always fully controlled, preventing operator injury and fatigue. In addition, the variable torque output feature, which prevents excessive torque being applied, ensures proper and safe valve operation at all times.
EasiDrive is highly versatile and can be powered by air, electricity or battery, giving the user ultimate control over their preferred choice. It can also be custom designed to suit specific site requirements.
About Smith Flow Control
Smith Flow Control Ltd is a British company specialising in mechanical valve control equipment. This includes procedural control using mechanical valve Interlocks and activity management systems, EasiDrive portable valve actuators, and FlexiDrive mechanical valve linkage systems for remote and/or simultaneous valve operation.